Introduction to the Spirit of Byron College
Byron College welcomes students of all nationalities and ethnic and religious backgrounds into its community regardless of whether they are permanent residents of Greece or are the children of parents working in Greece on a temporary basis.
All students attending Byron College, regardless of gender, are treated equally.
Parents or guardians contact the Assistant Admissions Officer by completing the above enquiry form or by e-mail or telephone, to book an appointment with the Director of Admissions. It is also possible for an initial interview to take place through Skype.
Prior to interview the following documents are required
- Previous school reports,
- Confidential Reference Consent Form (sent to parents upon confirmation of interview date)
- Special Educational Needs documentation if your child has any diagnosis or special requirements.
- Provisional Subject choices for IGCSE and GCE (sent to parents upon confirmation of interview date for key Stage 4 (entry Year 10) and KS 5 (Sixth Form entry Year 12).
Parents and prospective students are expected to attend the interview during which The Director of Admissions explains all areas of school life including our philosophy and expectations, gains a first impression of the prospective student and family and answers any questions.
This can be followed by a tour of the school premises by prior arrangement.
If your child's application proceeds beyond interview stage, we will request from your child's current school a Confidential Reference related to your child's studentship, attendance, performance and other issues related to special educational need, child protection and safeguarding issues. Once this has been received, parents of students wishing to join Byron College at EYFS or Years 1-4 are notified by e-mail if their application has been successful or not.
Students applying for Years 5, 6 and the Secondary School are required to sit the INCAS or CAT 4 aptitude test as soon as possible after the interview. This is arranged with the Assistant Admissions Officer and a charge is made.
Parents are notified by e-mail as to whether their son/daughter’s application has been successful, or not, once the results of this assessment, prior school reports, Confidential Reference Form, SEN reports (where relevant) and the subject choices (where relevant) have been received and analyzed by the School Admissions Board.
Please note that any offer of a place must be confirmed within 15 days by email. The submission of all requested documentation, the registration fee payment and the signing of the fee agreement must be completed within 30 days of the offer being made.
All parents registered in the school must confirm that they have read and accepted our school’s policies. It is essential that all registering parents read the School Policy for Registration (i.e. a summary of admissions, curriculum, fees, behaviour for learning, health and safety) in Greek or in English by following the link https://www.byroncollege.gr/about-us/policies. Full policies can also be read by following the same link.
- Completed and signed Application form (This also requires signed confirmation that the summary of School Policy for Registration has been read)
- Copy of student’s Birth Certificate (officially translated in either Greek or English unless the student was born in a EU country)*
- Photocopy of the student’s passport
- Photocopy of Parent (1) passport/s
- Photocopy of Parent (2) passport/s
- Parent Consent form for Offsite Activities/ Trips (annual requirement)
- ICT and Acceptable Internet Use Agreement
- Consent for using Parents' and Students’ Contact Details/Personal Data
- A passport or ID size photograph of student (jpeg, please)
- Student’s valid Residence Permit if student is not a Greek citizen.
- Medical Form (annual requirement). This must be completed in Greece signed by a Greek doctor. Students will not able to attend classes without having submitted this document in advance.
- Bus service request form (if relevant), (please complete and submit in MS WORD format only)
- One -off registration fee to be paid in full (€1000/per student)*
(Please see link for for Methods of Payment: https://www.byroncollege.gr/fees)
- Fee Agreement Form* (annual)
THE ABOVE documents, 1-10 and 12-13, MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED WITHIN 28 DAYS OF RECEIPT OF OFFER TO SECURE THE STUDENT PLACE.
*Upon receipt of documents (1-12) and payment of the registration fee (13) an appointment must be made with Ms Christine Barlis, (Operations Administrator) to sign the fee agreement (14) and to submit the medical form (11).
If you are not in the country Ms Barlis can send the fee agreement (14) to you electronically. The completed medical form (11) must be submitted upon your immediate arrival in Greece.
Please note that all matters concerning fees, payment options and financial details concerning our bus service should be discussed directly with Ms Barlis.
Students are placed according to age (download below)
Applications are only accepted under exceptional circumstances in Year 11 or Year 13 as these are the final years of the IGCSE and GCE two-year examination programmes.
English Language Requirements
Applicants for Key Stage 3 (Years 7-8-9) should have a level of English equivalent to the Common European Framework B1 or B2 (Cambridge PET or First Certificate).
Applicants for Key Stage 4 (Year 10) and Key Stage 5 (Sixth Form: Year 12) are expected to have a minimum level of English equivalent to the Common European Framework B2 level (Cambridge First Certificate).
Students cannot be accepted into Byron College if they are non-European citizens without a residence permit.
Please read the Byron College Admissions Policy carefully (download below).
If you have any further questions regarding the registration process do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to the Byron College community!