The UK Department for Education (DfE) have a voluntary inspection scheme for overseas schools. This ensures schools provide their pupils with the skills and qualifications they need to enter or re-enter the British education system. The scheme helps to inform parents of how the standards in these schools measure up against the standards that apply to independent schools in England. For more information, click here
In October 2023, Byron College was inspected by the DfE approved inspectorate Penta International.. The report is available here:
Key highlights from the report:
- We are fully compliant with the standards for British Schools Overseas.
- "Diversity is embraced" and students are provided with a diverse array of learning opportunities to facilitate their progress and prepare them for the multifaceted demands of contemporary global life."
- "Relationships are excellent across the entire school and are a key strength of Byron College."
"Pastoral care is a strength of the school".
- "Student behaviour observed across the school was exemplary."
- The inspector observed engaging lessons, with students "focused on their learning and communicating confidently with each other and with the adults in the room".
- "Displays are bright, imaginative and enhance the (learning) environment."
- "All stakeholders from the proprietor to the students spoke of the strong family feeling and ethos."
- The close working relationship between proprietor and the headteacher, and between all members of the Leadership team, is a strength of the school. Leaders know their school, and its strengths and weaknesses, well - and have clear priorities and plans for improvement.
- "Byron College is a friendly, welcoming and nurturing school which places the needs of its students and its very heart."
Byron College is an accredited member of the highly prestigious Council of British International Schools (COBIS).